[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] WANTED - FTP site for FS4 / Microsoft Flight Simulator + SEE

howard@kcl-cs.UUCP (JR Howard) (02/26/91)

Apparently FS4 has quite a strong following in America and things like
the new ASD kit are 'hot' items.  This is a truly excelent addition to
FS4 and has definately improved my setup by far.  An artical in Britan
mentioned that a lot of 'Add-ons' for FS4 exist in the states.  These
are mainly ASD scenery areas, but also some SVGA display drivers and
bug patches.  Does anyone know where any of this sits?  It has to be
on an FTPanon site or via a friendly mailer as I have no BBS access.

The extended ILS displays lockup on my DELL316 (sniff) even though they
worked fine in FS3 on my machine (sniff sniff) ... patches would make
my life easier, and any PD additions would be great.  A product called
SEE in the Public Domain also improves some scenery problems/clashes that
occurr on the ASD - this is also on my list.

Many thanks - to anyone who replies, or directs me to an FS group.

JR

PS. Pilot databases also exist on the net (beacons, freq, airport markings
etc) for the REAL world ... anyone know wher^Z

cur022%cluster@ukc.ac.uk (Bob Eager) (03/01/91)

In article <2068@xenon.kcl-cs.UUCP>, howard@kcl-cs.UUCP (JR Howard) writes:
> Apparently FS4 has quite a strong following in America and things like
> the new ASD kit are 'hot' items.
> ...........  Does anyone know where any of this sits?  It has to be
> on an FTPanon site or via a friendly mailer as I have no BBS access.

There is a free update to FS 4.0, currently 4.0B. The version number is on one
of the configuration screens. Contact Microsoft Technical Support for details.
If you contact Microsoft Upgrades, they'll tell you they don't do upgrades
to FS because it's so cheap; this isn't an upgrade but a maintenance release!

The GAMERS forum on CompuServe has a *lot* of this stuff; ASD scenery, tips,
joystick reviews, etc. Given that you have a modem, and live in London, it's
pretty cheap to use ($13.00/hour plus $2.00/month). Worth considering.
Bob Eager                | University of Kent at Canterbury