[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Gnu C compiler

dpc@unhd.unh.edu (Dana P Cook) (02/28/91)

I wonder if somewone can help me out here. I am trying to use the
gnu C compiler ported to dos, but I can't seem to get a running
executable.   I get the standard a.out file but it doesn't execute.
I tried renaming to a .exe file but then running just hangs my machine.
The program was as follows.

main ()
{
int a;
int b;

a = 10;
b= a+1;

}

veit@du9ds3.uni-duisburg.de (Holger Veit) (03/01/91)

In <1991Feb28.141436.14185@unhd.unh.edu> dpc@unhd.unh.edu (Dana P Cook) writes:

>I wonder if somewone can help me out here. I am trying to use the
>gnu C compiler ported to dos, but I can't seem to get a running
>executable.   I get the standard a.out file but it doesn't execute.
>I tried renaming to a .exe file but then running just hangs my machine.
>The program was as follows.

>main ()
>{
>int a;
>int b;

>a = 10;
>b= a+1;

>}

This has nothing to do with your program. RTFM !
Run your a.out file with
	go32 a.out
or
	ren a.out foobar
	ren go32.exe foobar.exe
and then run
	foofar
(foobar.exe and foobar must be both present in the actual directory)

Holger Veit

--
|__|  /  University of Duisburg  | BITNET: veit%du9ds3.uni-duisburg.de@UNIDO
|  | /   Fac. of Electr. Eng.    | UUCP:   ...!uunet!unido!unidui!hl351ge
|  |/    Dept. f. Dataprocessing |