[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Musicke Programme

CONS.ELF@AIDA.CSD.UU.SE (Ake Eldberg) (03/01/91)

Hello out there!

I'm looking for a music programme for the PC. It should be
able to receive music from a synthesizer via MIDI interface.
It should also be able to print music on a laser printer.
It should have a mouse-compatible, graphic editing system
for writing and editing music.

The only thing I know of is "Finale", but that is an
awfully expensive piece of software ($8,000 in Sweden).
Is there something cheaper? Anyone?

Ake Eldberg
moby luser in Bjorklinge, Sweden

n8541751@unicorn.cc.wwu.edu (Where there is darkness, light) (03/02/91)

CONS.ELF@AIDA.CSD.UU.SE (Ake Eldberg) writes:

>Hello out there!
>
>I'm looking for a music programme for the PC. It should be
>able to receive music from a synthesizer via MIDI interface.
>It should also be able to print music on a laser printer.
>It should have a mouse-compatible, graphic editing system
>for writing and editing music.
>
>The only thing I know of is "Finale", but that is an
>awfully expensive piece of software ($8,000 in Sweden).
>Is there something cheaper? Anyone?
>
>Ake Eldberg
>moby luser in Bjorklinge, Sweden

There is a program called Music Printer Plus available in the US which
does most of this.  It's been a year since I worked with it, and I can't
remember who publishes it, so you might want to call a couple mail order
places to see if you can find it.

It was pretty good software, and didn't cost anywhere near $8,000...seems to
me it was under $500.

--
Kriston M. Bruland          |    . .         . .      . . .      .       . .
n8541751@unicorn.cc.wwu.edu |    .   .     . .        .        . .       .   .