[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Need information for pc

castello@remus.rutgers.edu (Vicente Castello) (03/04/91)

Is there ANY public domain software that will enable me to copy
files from one hard drive to another hard drive. There is a
commercial software, called Brooklyn Bridge, that will enable me
to this, but I was wondering if there were any public domain
programs out there that will do the same thing. I would
appreciate any feedback, whether it be e-mail or a posted
reply.

Thanks.

--vinny
castello@remus.rutgers.edu

valley@uchicago (Doug Dougherty) (03/04/91)

castello@remus.rutgers.edu (Vicente Castello) writes:

>Is there ANY public domain software that will enable me to copy
>files from one hard drive to another hard drive. There is a
>commercial software, called Brooklyn Bridge, that will enable me
>to this, but I was wondering if there were any public domain
>programs out there that will do the same thing. I would
>appreciate any feedback, whether it be e-mail or a posted
>reply.

I recommend the $25 Network, from Information Modes.  It's
commercialware, but at the price, just barely so.  It's great.

Could you enter some info on Brooklyn Bridge?  I have been led to
believe that BB is *not* what I had thought it to be, namely a system
for connecting two machines together via a cable.  Was I right all along?