[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Garbo.uwasa.fi Troubles

DM9HMBIW@MIAMIU.BITNET (03/04/91)

For some reason none of the .EXE files I've downloaded from GARBO.UWASA.FI
will run on mu PC.  They lock it up.  Also, my PKzip won't work with any of the
 ZIP files I've gotten from there either.
What's up?
Can anybody help me?

                                          thanks,
                                              Nomad
                                                  DM9HMBIW@MIAMIU (BITNET)

ralphs@seattleu.edu (Ralph Sims) (03/04/91)

DM9HMBIW@MIAMIU.BITNET writes:

> For some reason none of the .EXE files I've downloaded from GARBO.UWASA.FI
> will run on mu PC.  They lock it up.  Also, my PKzip won't work with any of t
>  ZIP files I've gotten from there either.

Transfer the files in BINARY mode.  At the ftp prompt type 'type binary'
and go for it.  Let us know what you find.

--
                  halcyon!ralphs@seattleu.edu
  The 23:00 News and Mail Service - +1 206 292 9048 - Seattle, WA USA