[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] bar codes

hcooper@esunix.UUCP (Harrison Cooper) (04/05/90)

Due to the *rude* nature of the other responder, I will go ahead and
answer this.

Yes, I do have at least one basic program, and possibly one in C to do
bar coding.  E-mail if you are interested.

hcooper@esunix.uucp
or
utah-cs!esunix!hcooper

gordon@prls.UUCP (Gordon Vickers) (06/02/90)

>In article <5941@ur-cc.UUCP> lbilccss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Lawrence Bilker) writes:
>Does anyone know where to find programs for an IBM PC or better yet routines
>in BASIC or higher level language to generate bar codes.  Specifically
>code 39 and 3 of 9 bar codes.  Please e-mail replies to the address below.
>
>	Thanks
>	    Larry

     A few months ago, I was also looking at PC software that would print
  bar codes to at least one well known brand of printer.  I found lots of
  companies just by looking at an issue of PC WORLD or some such magazine.
  I've already passed my recommendations (and all the information I collected)
  back to the requesting department and I don't remember which package I
  recommended.  Contact several companies, read their literature CAREFULLY
  (many claim you can import data from any of a variety of databases, but
   common sence should tell you this is going to be a real pain). The only
   thing I remember about the product I recommended was it was transparent.
   You send what ever you want to the printer and any thing delimited by
   a pair of AT signs (@) will be intercepted and translated into some
   preselected bar code symbology.

Gordon Vickers 408/991-5370, at Signetics  (Sunnyvale, California, USA )
{mips|pyramid|philabs}!prls!facv01!gordon       ** All disclaimers apply **
Earth is a complex array of symbiotic relationships: Every extinction, whether
 animal, mineral, vegetable, or cultural hastens our own demise.

almaguer@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Gabriel Almaguer) (02/28/91)

 hi :

 I am looking for information about bar codes (39 tm and others) in laserjetIII
 source,binaries(PC) or algoritm.

 could somebody please tell me where can i find anything related to the subject?

thanks..

                                  Gabriel Almaguer Garza
                                  almaguer@131.178.1.5
                                  almaguer@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx
                                  py150789@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx

mdb@abcom.ATT.COM (3030 ) (03/06/91)

From article <2984@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx>, by almaguer@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Gabriel Almaguer):

>  hi :
>
>  I am looking for information about bar codes (39 tm and others) in laserjetIII
>  source,binaries(PC) or algoritm.

The best product I have seen is CODEMASTER.  Its at home so I can't tell
you who publishes it.  Also, there is a small red book describing everything
you would ever need to know about bar codes. And again, it is at home so
I can't tell you the name.

Mike Barnes
415-224-3030