[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Problem with commander Keen

ccy@po.CWRU.Edu (Cheung C. Yue) (03/07/91)

I downloaded keen.zip from grape.ecs.clarkson.edu.  When I run
keen1.exe on my NEC AT-compatible machine, the program states
that "joystick was detected" when I don't even own a joystick!
When I push "F3" for the keyboard, it was responding strangely.
Does anyone know what my problem may be?  Is there a newer
version of this program out there somewhere (the one I downloaded
is version 1.1)?  Is the one on Compuserve (PCMagnet) a newer
version?

--

nan@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (Nan Zou) (03/07/91)

ccy@po.CWRU.Edu (Cheung C. Yue) writes:

>I downloaded keen.zip from grape.ecs.clarkson.edu.  When I run
>keen1.exe on my NEC AT-compatible machine, the program states
>that "joystick was detected" when I don't even own a joystick!
>When I push "F3" for the keyboard, it was responding strangely.
>Does anyone know what my problem may be?  Is there a newer
>version of this program out there somewhere (the one I downloaded
>is version 1.1)?  Is the one on Compuserve (PCMagnet) a newer
>version?

I'm the one who originally put keen.zip on grape. The newest version
that I know of is 1.31, I'll try to put that on grape this weekend,
I'll let you know when it's done.

--
           Nan Zou              | Bitnet  : nan@ksuvm
    Kansas State University     | Internet: nan@math.ksu.edu