[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] bug in eedraw 2.0?

hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) (03/10/91)

I just tried the eedraw program from comp.bin.ibm.pc in 800x600x256 mode.
The bgi driver I use is svga256.bgi 1.7 and the video card I have is ATI.
When I work on a drawing that's bigger than the size of the active window.
The drawing would extend beyond the active window, as if the default size of
the active window is the whole 800x600 screen! Now I am really confused
because I don't know if this is problem from eedraw or svga256.
Anyone with similar problem?

cccstevn@dino.ucdavis.edu (Steve Ansell) (03/11/91)

In article <wbqYk7m00Wg1A0lUV0@andrew.cmu.edu> hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) writes:
>I just tried the eedraw program from comp.bin.ibm.pc in 800x600x256 mode.
>The bgi driver I use is svga256.bgi 1.7 and the video card I have is ATI.
>When I work on a drawing that's bigger than the size of the active window.
>The drawing would extend beyond the active window, as if the default size of
>the active window is the whole 800x600 screen! Now I am really confused
>because I don't know if this is problem from eedraw or svga256.
>Anyone with similar problem?

Same driver, same card, same error!  I found this with every mode of the BGI
driver, even the increadibly ridiculous 320x480.  It gave the same results
regardless.  This tends to make me think that it is a problem with the driver
or the driver/card combination.  I have used the BGI driver a little with
Turbo C and had no problems (other than it not being as smooth as I'd like),
but I have no idea what the eedraw program is using from the card.  Are there
any other BGI drivers out there that I might try?

--
						-Steven T. Ansell
						Unix Consultant