[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Screenpeace

jaffe@jaffe.mc.ab.com (Bruce Jaffe (ext 3581)) (02/28/91)

How do you select which .spx file will be displayed when the screen is
blanked?  I thought all you had to do was bring up the "Options..." menu
and select the file name under "Configure...".  I have tried this, and
even manually adding a line like "Sticks On=y" to  win.ini.  No matter
what I do, the .spx file appears to be chosen at random.  Am I doing
something wrong?

sheinfel@grad1.cis.upenn.edu (Aviad Sheinfeld) (03/01/91)

In article <236@zeus.mc.ab.com> jaffe@jaffe.mc.ab.com (Bruce Jaffe (ext 3581)) writes:
>How do you select which .spx file will be displayed when the screen is
>blanked?  I thought all you had to do was bring up the "Options..." menu
>and select the file name under "Configure...".  I have tried this, and
>even manually adding a line like "Sticks On=y" to  win.ini.  No matter
>what I do, the .spx file appears to be chosen at random.  Am I doing
>something wrong?

What you need to do is go into "Options."  There you get a list of all
the available .spx files on your system.  Each one of these has
certain parameters associated with it.  If you double-click on a
specific selection, a dialogue box will come up where these parameters
("How many worms...", "How fast should the fish swim...", etc...)  One
of the options is "Enable".  All .spx files which are enabled are
eligible to be selected.  Therefore, you must enable the one(s) you
want AND disable the one(s) you don't.

Hope that clears things up.

--
Aviad Sheinfeld			| Internet:  sheinfel@grad1.cis.upenn.edu

lampson@tellabs.com (Dave Lampson) (03/14/91)

I had a bit of difficulty with our system here, and somehow managed to corrupt
my copy of Screenpeace before I could download it to my PC.  Could some kind
soul please email me the uuencoded version of this.  I don't have access to
ftp sites, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Dave
lampson@tellabs.com