[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] problems with phantom

u5533129@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au (03/13/91)

Has anyone out there got PHANTOM to work satisfactorily?  Some apparantly
correct commands simply fail to work, giving a bad command message.  Most
notably, the dir *.* command in the supplied demo fails, and cd commands
sometimes fail, although the same command will also sometimes work.

Shame, it could be a very useful utility.

Any ideas, anyone?

Peter Summers

seanp@amix.commodore.com (Sean Petty) (03/14/91)

u5533129@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au writes:

> Has anyone out there got PHANTOM to work satisfactorily?  Some apparantly
> correct commands simply fail to work, giving a bad command message.  Most
> notably, the dir *.* command in the supplied demo fails, and cd commands
> sometimes fail, although the same command will also sometimes work.
>
> Shame, it could be a very useful utility.
>
> Any ideas, anyone?
>
> Peter Summers

  He is VERY right. When I ran PHANTOM, it would stop reading when I
loaded Telix. I would really like to have a utility like this, and have
been looking for something like this for a LONG time. Is there another
PHANTOM-like program out there? (Where?)

  Has the author been advised of these problems?

Sean
_______
Sean Petty - Somewhere in Pennsylvania

                -- Mark Twain

UUCP Bang!: uunet!undrground!seanp               Domain: seanp@undrground.UUCP
INTERNET: undrground!seanp@amix.commodore.com    ICBM: 39.58.75'N   75.39.9'W

cks1081@dcsc.dla.mil ( Eric A Yruegas) (03/15/91)

In article <1991Mar13.172349.1725@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au> u5533129@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au writes:

>Has anyone out there got PHANTOM to work satisfactorily?  Some apparantly
>correct commands simply fail to work, giving a bad command message.  Most
>notably, the dir *.* command in the supplied demo fails, and cd commands
>sometimes fail, although the same command will also sometimes work.
>
>Shame, it could be a very useful utility.
>
>Any ideas, anyone?
>
>Peter Summers

I've got it working wonderfully!  The demo (albeit short) works, too. I've
got a AT compatible (Zenith) with DOS 3.21 (old, but works!).  Haven't
really used it yet -

My $.02 worth.

Eric
cks1081@dcsc.dla.mil OR osu-cis!dsacg1!dcscg1!cks1081