[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] v10i240: phantom, typing faker

fsg@holos0.uucp (Frank Glass) (03/09/91)

I really need this program, but unfortunately I can't seem to get it to
playback reliably with MSDOS 4.01 and quicken3.  Has anyone else had any
luck with that combination?  Suggestions?
--
Frank Glass
Holos Software, Inc.

mtheil@quink.in-berlin.de (Matthias Theil) (03/13/91)

fsg@holos0.uucp (Frank Glass) writes:

> I really need this program, but unfortunately I can't seem to get it to
> playback reliably with MSDOS 4.01 and quicken3.  Has anyone else had any
> luck with that combination?  Suggestions?

	Hmm - I *got* the programm but it seems that it won't work.
Every try to run it with the included demo fails. The computer always
went after a while to never never land. It can't be a transmission error
because "brik" and "uudecode" done their work fine.

	I hadn't tried to run it with own created files.

Matthias

--
Matthias Theil * Bundesplatz 12a * W-1000 Berlin 31 * BR Deutschland (FRG)
Internet : mtheil@quink.in-berlin.de	   Bitnet: mtheil%netmbx@db0tui6.bitnet

otto@kipuna.jyu.fi (Otto J. Makela) (03/17/91)

In article <1991Mar8.180337.2186@holos0.uucp> fsg@holos0.uucp (Frank Glass) writes:
   I really need this program, but unfortunately I can't seem to get it to
   playback reliably with MSDOS 4.01 and quicken3.  Has anyone else had any
   luck with that combination?  Suggestions?

The author of the program (is he on the net?) should notice that DOS4 uses
the extended keyboard calls to read the keyboard.  If these are not emulated
by this program, the results will NOT be too good...
--
   /* * * Otto J. Makela <otto@jyu.fi> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */
  /* Phone: +358 41 613 847, BBS: +358 41 211 562 (USR HST/V.32, 24h/d)   */