[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Another already reviewed program bites the dust

Another submitter has decided to pull a submission after I've spent the
time reviewing it... Is it something I said or what? Every time I spend
a hour doing a review so I can post something, I get a note telling me
not to.

: Hi, Bill.
:
: Sorry about this - could you please remove REM23-00.ZIP from the queue?
:
: I'm working on REMIND some more and the number of releases is getting
: ridiculous.  I'll continue to upload the newer versions to Simtel and
: Garbo, but I'll hold off from cbip until a "final" version appears.
:
: Once again, please remove REM23-00.ZIP from the queue.
:
: Thanks.
:
: --
: David F. Skoll
:
:
:
        "Most of the VAX instructions are in microcode,
         but halt and no-op are in hardware for efficiency"

tcs@mailer.jhuapl.edu (Carl Schelin) (03/13/91)

In article <3249@crdos1.crd.ge.COM>, davidsen@crdos1.crd.ge.COM (Wm E Davidsen Jr) says:

>Another submitter has decided to pull a submission after I've spent the
>time reviewing it... Is it something I said or what? Every time I spend
>a hour doing a review so I can post something, I get a note telling me
>not to.
>
>: Hi, Bill.
>:
>:    [request for deletion...deleted :)]
>:
>--

I don't know about the other requests, but I think this guy is at least
letting you know that there is a more current version. You know the kinds
of messages you get about a posted version and then a message
shows up about a more current version being available on SIMTEL. I
remember a few messages about that.

On the subject of posts, is it possible to have the date of submission
on the message somewhere? It might reduce some of the "when will
mine come out?" messages (I don't know how many you get so this may
be moot).

It would also tell us that ours didn't get out (for whatever reason). Then
I can see that the most current posts are based in the middle of Feb and
I can ask about mine without the above message.

On that subject, is there anyplace that I can check to see whether a
submission was posted but I may have missed it? Like wuarchive
or uunet? I guess I'm looking for a site where the archives are kept.

Keep up the good work and thanks.

Carl Schelin
tcs@mailer.jhuapl.edu

In article <1991Mar13.115306.2922@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu> tcs@mailer.jhuapl.edu (Carl Schelin) writes:

| I don't know about the other requests, but I think this guy is at least
| letting you know that there is a more current version. You know the kinds

  The problem is that it takes as long to review a program which doesn't
get posted, and that means big delays in the flow of programs. If I kept
more reviewed programs ready I could avoid that, but at the cost of more
delay.

  I'm mainly trying to keep down the flood of "is this group dead"
messages which come out if I miss a day.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX