[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] PLAY 400

stephenc@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Stephen Chung) (03/14/91)

Hi NetLanders,

I am having a problem with Play 400, the new VGA+Mouse Sound
player/editor.  The interface is unexpectedly cool, and I like
it a lot, but I can't get my mouse cursor to appear on the
screen.  It seems that the program ignores my mouse altogether.
If I don't run the mouse driver, then it will complain about
not having a mouse.  If I run mouse.com, it will run, but no
mouse cursor will show up.

BTW, I have an optical mouse which is similar to the
Mouse System Mouse hooked up to COM1: (at least that's what
I have been using to setup programs).  Forgot the brand of
the mouse, but it is opto something.

Any help is appreciated!

- Stephen

tommie@Pacesetter.COM (Tom Levin) (03/16/91)

In article <1991Mar13.180007.29473@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> stephenc@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Stephen Chung) writes:
>Hi NetLanders,
>
>I am having a problem with Play 400, the new VGA+Mouse Sound
>player/editor.  The interface is unexpectedly cool, and I like
>it a lot, but I can't get my mouse cursor to appear on the
>screen.  It seems that the program ignores my mouse altogether.
>If I don't run the mouse driver, then it will complain about
>not having a mouse.  If I run mouse.com, it will run, but no
>mouse cursor will show up.

All of the mouse problems i've ever encountered have been solved
by upgrading to the newest mouse driver. Try that first.

-tom
--
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+  Tom Levin  +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
|  {ttidca|hacgate|bellcore|hoptoad|csun|harvard|uunet|rdlvax}!psivax!tommie  |

consp06@bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu (Robert Konigsberg) (03/19/91)

In article <1991Mar13.180007.29473@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>,
stephenc@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Stephen Chung) writes:
|> Hi NetLanders,
|>
|> I am having a problem with Play 400, the new VGA+Mouse Sound
|> player/editor.  The interface is unexpectedly cool, and I like
|> it a lot, but I can't get my mouse cursor to appear on the
|> screen.  It seems that the program ignores my mouse altogether.
|> If I don't run the mouse driver, then it will complain about
|> not having a mouse.  If I run mouse.com, it will run, but no
|> mouse cursor will show up.

I have a logitech series 9 serial mouse, and I have had no problem.
However, at work, on PS2 model 50zs, it refuses to work.  It crashes
real bad.. like hard boot time.  But on my 286 clone, it works fine.

BTW, does anybody know how to get in touch with the guy who wrote it?
I tried sending to the address he gave, but it hasn't worked.  I
wanted to find out about the digitizer he was talkin' about.

		-Rob Konigsberg