[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] YOGIUTIL.ZIP available at garbo.uwasa.fi

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (03/22/91)

> From: Joseph Gil <yogi@cs.ubc.ca>
> Subject: yogiutil
> To: Timo Salmi <ts@uwasa.fi>
> Date: 21 Mar 91 20:41 -0800
>
> Dear Timo,
>
> I just uploaded a file called yogiutil.zip to garbo.
> The file conatins 4 neat (that's what I think) utilities.
> Just for the fun of it I classify the files according to
> my judgement, and categorization.
>
> 	Distribution Policy:
>
> *	F - Full freeware
> 	P - Free for individuals (private) usage, Organizations must pay.
> 	S - Shareware - not crippled (use ASP defs)
> 	C - Shareware - crippled
> 	D - Demo of commerical product
>
> 	Type:
> *	E - Executable
> 	S - Executable includes source
> 	D - Document
> 	R - Device driver
> 	G - Graphic Image
>
> 	Classification in a scale of 0-9: 8 ;-)
>
> The programs are:
>
> 	_.com - told you about it. Would you care to try try it with telix,
> 		perhaps it can solve your problem.
> 	int.com - Call an interrupt from dos command line. Useful for setting
> 		the keyboard rate, finding a stray cursor etc.
> 	rm.com - Latest version of my tiny all-purpose file removal utility.
> 	every.com - Latest version of every.

From an earlier message:
-As regards to kermit version 3.10, I will have to return to
-version 3.02. The reason is: I wrote a cute little program
-called '_' (Yes just the single character _ !). It's usage
-is
-	_ command
-which will run command as usual with the only difference that
-whenever the command writes something in BLUE on the screen it
-will be seen underscored. This is useful for emulating the
-underscore attribute on monochrome adaptors. Unfortunately
-kermit 3.10 messes so much with the display registers
-to confuse '_', and I really think it is important to have
-underscore attribute in terminal emulator.

> Enjoy!
>
> Yours
>
> 	Yossi

Thanks for the upload Yossi.  The wares are now available as
/pc/termutil/yogiutil.zip from our archives.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37