[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Graphics editor

skesterk@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Shane Kesterke) (03/18/91)

Do any of you guys out there know of any graphics editors for IBM VGA
graphics? I know there are doodle editors on ftp sites but I need one that
will allow me to save the images I create in a format that will allow me
to use them in a C or assembler program. If anyone can direct me to an
ftp site, post a binary, or give me the name of an editor that can do
what I'm looking for I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Bits_of_Magic@cup.portal.com (03/20/91)

We use Deluxe Paint II or Deluxe Animate from Electronic Arts.  They
support various of the IFF formats first used on the Amiga.  Details
of the IFF formats are available from Commodore, I think.

	evan

skesterk@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Shane Kesterke) (03/21/91)

Does anyone out there know of any VGA graphics editor programs that will
allow you to create/modify/save graphics images in a format that can be
used in your own programs?

In article <1991Mar20.190334.2510@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> skesterk@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Shane Kesterke) writes:

   Does anyone out there know of any VGA graphics editor programs that will
   allow you to create/modify/save graphics images in a format that can be
   used in your own programs?

Yes.  You might be able to use Painter's Apprentice.  It only edits
monochrome bitmaps (it's a long story why), but it's free.  FTP it:
grape.ecs:pub/msdos/graphics/pa.zip.  Ignore the shareware stuff --
I decided to give up on that...

--
--russ <nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu> I'm proud to be a humble Quaker.
It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear -- Freeman Dyson

densond@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (Dave Denson) (03/25/91)

In article <1991Mar18.151014.15219@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> skesterk@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Shane Kesterke) writes:
>Do any of you guys out there know of any graphics editors for IBM VGA
>graphics? I know there are doodle editors on ftp sites but I need one that
>will allow me to save the images I create in a format that will allow me
>to use them in a C or assembler program. If anyone can direct me to an
>ftp site, post a binary, or give me the name of an editor that can do
>what I'm looking for I'd greatly appreciate it.
>
>Thanks!

I am writing such a program now--it will be done by the end of March.  Email
me if interested.  It will be ~$5.00 shareware.

Dave Denson

--

Dave Denson (densond@mist.cs.orst.edu)
Consultant, UCS/Kerr Microcomputer Lab