[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] McAfee anti-viral programs and SIMTEL20

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (03/18/91)

I just received word from McAfee Associates that they have agreed to
upload each new release of McAfee anti-viral programs for MS-DOS to
Detroit Download Central, the BBS I co-SysOp.  From there I will
transfer the files in their original form to SIMTEL20.

What this means to Internet users is that the programs will be available
for downloading from SIMTEL20, and the mirror sites, within 12 hours
of their release by McAfee.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]

system@syzzle.chi.il.us (SYSTEM 0PERATOR) (03/25/91)

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) writes:

> What this means to Internet users is that the programs will be available
> for downloading from SIMTEL20, and the mirror sites, within 12 hours
> of their release by McAfee.

Could they be posted to c.b.i.p also, or would this be too much trouble
to do?

| Al Oomens awol@syzzle.chi.il.us | Inside every LARGE program is |
|  This space for rent!!!!!!!!!   | a small one trying to get out.|