[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] moving all over the place!

) (03/16/91)

I wanted to thank all of you who had responded to my posting:

cs166wag@sdcc8.ucsd.edu (I'm OuTTA Here!!):
> Is there a program that will display textfiles one screen at a time,
> move up, move down, move left, and move right (if text is greater
> than 80 characters/line)? A program like the unix "more" command
> plus the extra features of moving left and right.
>
> Any help would be appreciated,

I want to clarify that I am also looking for a utility that will
will run not only on msdos machines, but also on UNIX.

ALL the responses I have received mentioned V. Buerg's LIST program.
I need something like that which also works on a unix system (that
is, it has to be portable between msdos and unix).

Again, thanks for those who have taken the time out to responded.  I
would thank each one of you personally, but there are too many to
thank individually.

Gary

mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) (03/27/91)

<
<I want to clarify that I am also looking for a utility that will
<will run not only on msdos machines, but also on UNIX.
<
<ALL the responses I have received mentioned V. Buerg's LIST program.
<I need something like that which also works on a unix system (that
<is, it has to be portable between msdos and unix).

How about the very good vi clone:  ELVIS

It does the sideways scrolling, although perhaps not exactly as you want.
The full source is available, and is known to compile on a variety of *nix
systems as well as MSDOS and other environments.
--
MLORD@BNR.CA  Ottawa, Ontario *** Personal views only ***
begin 644 NOTSHARE.COM ; Free MS-DOS utility - use instead of SHARE.EXE