[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Simtel Mirrors?

dana@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Daniel Schneider) (03/27/91)

At the moment, the disk at Wuarchive with the Simtel mirror is down.
Anybody know of any other Simtel mirrors available via anonymous
ftp?

thanks,
Dan
dana@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu

mcastle@mcs213c.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle {Nexus}) (03/27/91)

sol.deakin.oz.au (128.184.1.1)    Australia
isca01.icaen.uiowa.edu (128.255.19.175)   Iowa, I guess

Left as an exercise to the reader to figure out the directories.  :->
Also, I only know of these sites to have DOS stuff, no unix, pc-blue, etc.
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | XEDIT: Emacs
                mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (unix mail-YEACH!)| on a REAL

rhys@cs.uq.oz.au (Rhys Weatherley) (03/27/91)

In <2494@umriscc.isc.umr.edu> mcastle@mcs213c.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle {Nexus}) writes:

>sol.deakin.oz.au (128.184.1.1)    Australia

A quick note about this Australian site.  The following is the "welcome"
message you get when you logon:

]220 sol.deakin.OZ.AU FTP server (Version 5.178 Mon Aug 27 19:07:00 EST 1990) ready.
]331 Guest login ok, send ident as password.
]230- Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
]
]    This archive is located in Australia. A few Internet sites on the other
]    side of the pacific have started using this machine. If this continues,
]    the site may be forced to close down.
]
]    Please report any problems to ccw@deakin.OZ.AU

So PLEASE, PLEASE don't use it if you are overseas unless totally necessary,
because we don't want to lose our Australian shadow :-) .

Rhys.

+=====================+==================================+
||  Rhys Weatherley   |  The University of Queensland,  ||
||  rhys@cs.uq.oz.au  |  Australia.  G'day!!            ||
+=====================+==================================+

hamid@uop.edu (Mohd H Misnan) (03/27/91)

dana@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Daniel Schneider) writes:

>At the moment, the disk at Wuarchive with the Simtel mirror is down.
>Anybody know of any other Simtel mirrors available via anonymous
>ftp?

	mirror disk at wuarchive has been up from yesterday and I've no
	problem getting files from wuarchive. BTW, you can find many of
	simtel20 files from msdos.archive.umich.edu under /archive/msdos

	Hope this can help...

	-mid-

--
| Mohd H. Misnan 	          |  UUCP: {uunet!...}!uop!mhm!hamid |

wilker@gauss.math.purdue.edu (Clarence Wilkerson) (03/27/91)

The Australian site just listed says that if it continues
to have signons from across the Pacific, it will discontinue
its service !
So please heed the request, or or auzzie friends will also
lose access.
Clarence Wilkerson