[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] SHEZ60C.ZIP no authenticity check?

jwhite@dtoa3.dt.navy.mil (White) (03/26/91)

Hello;
      I recently ftp'd SHEZ60C.ZIP from Simtel and was wondering why
it does not have the PKZIP authenticity check that earlier versions
had?  Is this a real update that someone unzipped and rezipped thereby
removing the check or what?  SCAN says that there are no virusus.  Any
help would be appreicated.

Thanks in advance
Joe White
jwhite@dtoa3.dt.navy.mil

w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (03/28/91)

jwhite@dtoa3.dt.navy.mil (Joseph White) writes:
>      I recently ftp'd SHEZ60C.ZIP from Simtel and was wondering why
>it does not have the PKZIP authenticity check that earlier versions
>had?  Is this a real update that someone unzipped and rezipped thereby
>removing the check or what?  SCAN says that there are no virusus.  Any
>help would be appreicated.

Someone apparently repacked the ZIP.  I called the author's designated
distribution BBS and got a fresh copy.  It's now on SIMTEL20 and soon
will be available from the mirror sites.  You can tell if they have
the new version by the filesize.  It's now 142377 bytes.

Please do not post these kinds of questions to Usenet news.  Please
give me a chance to fix problems like this before broadcasting them to
the whole world!  My email address is frequently seen in this
newsgroup.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]