[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] McAfee SCAN problem?

dor@dolphin.cis.ufl.edu (A Knight in White Satin) (03/29/91)

I'm having a problem with the McAfee SCAN utilities...I am getting
intermittently told that SCAN and COPY "Cannot locate the boot sector of
disk x.  Do you have a disk x?" where x is my current drive (usually a
SUBST-created device, but this has happened on physical C: as well)
NETSCAN has behaved the two times I have tried it.

Is this a problem?  (My apologies if this has been covered or if this is a
RTFM problem)

Im running Scan74B on a '386 under DOS 4.01/4DOS 3.01a with an Ethernet
card installed.  [Would being on a network cause local drive to fail on
plain SCAN?]

Doug

w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (03/30/91)

dor@dolphin.cis.ufl.edu (A Knight in White Satin) writes:
>I'm having a problem with the McAfee SCAN utilities...I am getting
>intermittently told that SCAN and COPY "Cannot locate the boot sector of
>disk x.  Do you have a disk x?" where x is my current drive (usually a
>SUBST-created device, but this has happened on physical C: as well)
>NETSCAN has behaved the two times I have tried it.
>[...]
>Im running Scan74B on a '386 under DOS 4.01/4DOS 3.01a with an Ethernet
>card installed.  [Would being on a network cause local drive to fail on
>plain SCAN?]

Scan74B has some problems.  It has been updated to Scan75, which I
announced to this newsgroup a week or two ago.  Please try the new
version.

Problems with the McAfee programs should be reported to them via
email.  Their net addresses are:

	aryehg@tacom-emh1.army.mil (Aryeh Goretsky)
or
	apple!netcom!nusjecs!ozonebbs!aryehg (Aryeh Goretsky)
or
	aryehg@ozonebbs.UUCP (Aryeh Goretsky)

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]