[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Milles Bourne

wesleyp@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Robert T Novotnak) (03/19/91)

Hi, I'm looking for game that simulates Milles Bourne game.  I once saw
it on a Sun running in X-Windows.  I was wondering if a version exists for
the ibm.  The one I saw on the Sun ran using the mouse and had graphical output.
I know a versions exists on the sun that just uses ASCII characters.  I would
like one for the IBM that has graphics and uses the mouse or if that doesn't
exist the one for X-Windows.

If anyone knows if the game exists or where it exits could you please email me.

Bob
wesleyp@unix.cis.pitt.edu

kaldis@remus.rutgers.edu (Theodore A. Kaldis) (03/19/91)

In article <104464@unix.cis.pitt.edu> wesleyp@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Robert T Novotnak) writes:

> Hi, I'm looking for game that simulates Milles Bourne game.  I once
> saw it on a Sun running in X-Windows.  I was wondering if a version
> exists for the ibm.  The one I saw on the Sun ran using the mouse and
> had graphical output.  I know a versions exists on the sun that just
> uses ASCII characters.  I would like one for the IBM that has graphics
> and uses the mouse or if that doesn't exist the one for X-Windows.

> If anyone knows if the game exists or where it exits could you please
> email me.

There was a version of this game included in the TEGL package which
was posted to cbip several months ago.  It is probably available via
ftp from somewhere (perhaps at grape.ecs.clarkson.edu).  Or, according
to the order form, it is available for a nominal fee ($15?) in a
package with 4 other games (I don't know if it's shareware or what,
but obviously it isn't PD) from:

   TEGL Systems Corporation
   Suite 780, 789 West Pender Street
   Vancouver, British Columbia
   Canada,  V6C 1H2

Phone: (604) 669-2577  (9:00 am - 5:00 pm PST)
  Fax: (604) 688-9530
--
   Theodore A. Kaldis
   {...}!rutgers!remus.rutgers.edu!kaldis

umbryer@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Jeffrey Michael Bryer) (03/30/91)

In article <Mar.19.07.40.16.1991.6690@remus.rutgers.edu> kaldis@remus.rutgers.edu (Theodore A. Kaldis) writes:
>In article <104464@unix.cis.pitt.edu> wesleyp@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Robert T Novotnak) writes:
>
>> Hi, I'm looking for game that simulates Milles Bourne game.  I once
>> saw it on a Sun running in X-Windows.  I was wondering if a version
>> exists for the ibm.  The one I saw on the Sun ran using the mouse and
>> had graphical output.  I know a versions exists on the sun that just
>> uses ASCII characters.  I would like one for the IBM that has graphics
>> and uses the mouse or if that doesn't exist the one for X-Windows.
>
>> If anyone knows if the game exists or where it exits could you please
>> email me.

  There are two copies of this game at vaxb.acs.unt.edu in the directory
anon.micro.ibm.games
  They are mille.arc and millbv4.zip