In article <25067@hydra.gatech.EDU> ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) writes:

   From: ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard)
   Date: 27 Mar 91 07:26:56 GMT

   It's been at least three days, and no connection to simtel.  The mirror
   site at wustl is dead.  I've forgotten the names of the other mirror
   sites.  Pointers, anyone?

Ummm... correct me if I'm wrong, but wuarchive.wustl.edu is certainly
back...  I used it yesterday.  The message that they had up about the
drive being dead isn't correct any longer...  it's back (I use
ange-ftp and dired inside emacs so I don't even see that message...
took me a long time to figure out why the directory listing was only
showing one file... (didn't think to read it) ;) )

Enjoy,

dale@cec2.wustl.edu (Dale Frye) (04/02/91)

In article <MORGAN.91Mar29002441@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu> morgan@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Dylan Kaufman) writes:
>In article <25067@hydra.gatech.EDU> ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) writes:
>
>   From: ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard)
>   Date: 27 Mar 91 07:26:56 GMT
>
>   It's been at least three days, and no connection to simtel.  The mirror
>   site at wustl is dead.  I've forgotten the names of the other mirror
>   sites.  Pointers, anyone?
>
>Ummm... correct me if I'm wrong, but wuarchive.wustl.edu is certainly
>back...  I used it yesterday.  The message that they had up about the
>drive being dead isn't correct any longer...  it's back (I use
>ange-ftp and dired inside emacs so I don't even see that message...
>took me a long time to figure out why the directory listing was only
>showing one file... (didn't think to read it) ;) )

wuarchive is most definately back!!! The hard disk is fixed. The archives
are a little behind but catching up. (I'm waiting for the new KERMIT)
BTW did you know you can mount wuarchive as a NFS server? I'm running
Beame & Whiteside NFS on a DOS machine. wuarchive is mounted as drive
W: (of course!). I unarc directly off wuarchive. (Heaven, I'm in heaven!)
No ftping files to a local machine and then downloading to my machine.
Anyone can mount wuarchive across the net. Try it, you'll like.

For you DOS fans here's the B&W command to mount wuarchive:

net link w: \\128.252.135.4\/mirrors

have fun!!

Dale Frye
Washington University in St. Louis