[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] looking for good C and Pascal compilers

standish@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Dreamwalker) (03/26/91)

I'm looking for a fully functional compiler for Pascal or C for the PC.
I've not no luck in finding anything via ftp yet, given a number of
ftp.lists.  Does anyone know where I can find the code to a fully
functional C or Pascal compiler (not some semi-function hacked version)?
Or does such a critter exist?

					Dreamwalker

--
------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
Dreamwalker                               | "I'm very dangerous when I don't

hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) (03/27/91)

>I'm looking for a fully functional compiler for Pascal or C for the PC.
>I've not no luck in finding anything via ftp yet, given a number of
>ftp.lists.  Does anyone know where I can find the code to a fully
>functional C or Pascal compiler (not some semi-function hacked version)?
>Or does such a critter exist?

well, there're two very good compilers exist for the PC. One is Turbo Pascal
and the other is Turbo C. With educational discount, I could get the latest
version of either one, with full manuals, for $46.

just find it hard to believe why would anyone want a PD version when you're onlypaying Borland for the manuals.

ecsgrt@lure.latrobe.edu.au (04/04/91)