[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] whence .GL files ??

nelson@bolyard.wpd.sgi.com (Nelson Bolyard) (04/05/91)

Recently, there appeared in c.b.i.p two programs to operate on ".GL" files.
Unfortunately, there was no clue as to what these files are, what programs
produce/consume them, or where one might find them.  They were:

v11i075: gl_om, GL create/extract (part 01/01)
v11i076: glcomp, GL file utility (part 01/01)

Since I work for a company that is known for its "GL" (Graphics Library) I
thought it a good idea to ask about these .GL files.  If you know what these
files are, please post an explanation to this newsgroup.  Thanks.

Nelson Bolyard      nelson@sgi.COM      {decwrl,sun}!sgi!whizzer!nelson
Disclaimer: Views expressed herein do not represent the views of my employer.

c60b-1eq@e260-1f.berkeley.edu (Noam Mendelson) (04/05/91)

In article <1991Apr4.204048.20699@odin.corp.sgi.com> nelson@bolyard.wpd.sgi.com (Nelson Bolyard) writes:
>Recently, there appeared in c.b.i.p two programs to operate on ".GL" files.
>Since I work for a company that is known for its "GL" (Graphics Library) I
>thought it a good idea to ask about these .GL files.  If you know what these
>files are, please post an explanation to this newsgroup.  Thanks.

.GL files are GRASP animation files.  GRASP is an animation utility written
by Paul Mace (I believe).  A .GL file contains both images and animation
commands.  The popular program GRASPRT can display these files.

| Noam Mendelson   ..!agate!ucbvax!web!c60b-1eq | "I haven't lost my mind, |
| c60b-1eq@web.Berkeley.EDU                     |  it's backed up on tape  |
| University of California at Berkeley          |  somewhere."             |