[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Stupid question re: Entrap

kgowen@cie.uoregon.edu (Kevin Gowen) (04/03/91)

OK, I feel dumb, but here goes:

I uudecoded and ran the "entrap" game that was posted to cbip recently and
there's a crucial program feature I can't get to work.  The instructions say
you can "burn holes" in the maze to trap the bad guys by pressing <shift>-#
where # = any number, but I can't figure out how to get it to work.  I've
tried every shift combination imaginable with no success.  Has anybody else
had this problem with entrap, or am I a complete idiot?  (this question is
rhetorical and does not expect an answer... :))

I'm using a Northgate OmniKey Plus keyboard, maybe that's the problem....?

-kevin
kgowen@cie.uoregon.edu

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) (04/04/91)

On an OmniKey 102 keyboard, turn off the NumLock and use the
numeric keypad (with CTRL or ALT as desired).

kgowen@cie.uoregon.edu (Kevin Gowen) (04/06/91)

In article <1991Apr3.223737.6644@news.cs.indiana.edu> RAMontante <bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> writes:
>On an OmniKey 102 keyboard, turn off the NumLock and use the
>numeric keypad (with CTRL or ALT as desired).

Yes, this seems to work.  Thank you.  My face is no longer red  :)

-kevin
kgowen@cie.uoregon.edu