[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] ALCHMY14.ZIP - Targa/EPS/GIF/IFF/PICT/PCX/Sun/TIFF/BMP convrt

allanh@netcom.COM ("Allan N. Hessenflow") (03/25/91)

I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.graphics>
ALCHMY14.ZIP    Targa/EPS/GIF/IFF/PICT/PCX/Sun/TIFF/BMP convrt

This is an update to alchmy13.zip.  Image Alchemy does JPEG compression
and converts images between the following formats:  Targa, EPS, GIF,
IFF/ILBM, PBM, PICT, SGI, PCX, Sun Raster, TIFF, and BMP.  It also does
colour quantization/dithering, palette matching, and nearest-neighbor
type scaling.

--
Allan N. Hessenflow   {apple|claris}!netcom!allanh    allanh@netcom.com

pjh@mccc.edu (Pete Holsberg) (03/26/91)

In article <1927.w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL> allanh@netcom.COM ("Allan N. Hessenflow") writes:
=I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:
=
=pd1:<msdos.graphics>
=ALCHMY14.ZIP    Targa/EPS/GIF/IFF/PICT/PCX/Sun/TIFF/BMP convrt
=
=This is an update to alchmy13.zip.  Image Alchemy does JPEG compression
=and converts images between the following formats:  Targa, EPS, GIF,
=IFF/ILBM, PBM, PICT, SGI, PCX, Sun Raster, TIFF, and BMP.  It also does
=colour quantization/dithering, palette matching, and nearest-neighbor
=type scaling.

Do you know of any similar program that will convert AutoCAD DRW or DXF
images?

Thanks,
Pete
--
Prof. Peter J. Holsberg      Mercer County Community College
Voice: 609-586-4800          Engineering Technology, Computers and Math

mussar@bcars53.uucp (G. Mussar) (03/30/91)

In article <1991Mar26.142142.10924@mccc.edu> pjh@mccc.edu (Pete Holsberg) writes:
>In article <1927.w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL> allanh@netcom.COM ("Allan N. Hessenflow") writes:
>=This is an update to alchmy13.zip.  Image Alchemy does JPEG compression
>=and converts images between the following formats:  Targa, EPS, GIF,
>=IFF/ILBM, PBM, PICT, SGI, PCX, Sun Raster, TIFF, and BMP.  It also does
>=colour quantization/dithering, palette matching, and nearest-neighbor
>=type scaling.
>
>Do you know of any similar program that will convert AutoCAD DRW or DXF
>images?

I have used Corel Draw V2.0 to convert DXF files into other things, but...
its a wee bit more expensive than alchmy :-).

Gary Mussar  |Internet:  mussar@bnr.ca                |  Phone: (613) 763-4937
BNR Ltd.     |                                        |  FAX:   (613) 763-2626

Jon_Grantham@ub.cc.umich.edu (Jon Grantham) (04/05/91)

I missed the original posting (Sorry).  Archie didn't tell me where I could
get ALCHMY14 (There are several copies of 11 & 13 floating about).  Could
someone please e-mail me info?  Thanks.

Jon
--
grantham@math.lsa.umich.edu   Jon_Grantham@ub.cc.umich.edu   grantham@super.org

pjh@mccc.edu (Pete Holsberg) (04/06/91)

In article <GRANTHAM.91Apr4114413@stag.math.lsa.umich.edu> Jon_Grantham@ub.cc.umich.edu (Jon Grantham) writes:
=I missed the original posting (Sorry).  Archie didn't tell me where I could
=get ALCHMY14 (There are several copies of 11 & 13 floating about).  Could
=someone please e-mail me info?  Thanks.

I had the same experience, Jon.  If no one posts the info, would you?
(In fact, the author emailed me that he was sending me a copy, but that
was days ago and it's not here yet.)

Pete