[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Hyperdisk and 4dos

shadowfx@netcom.COM (John Harris) (04/07/91)

Hi, I reciently got a cache program called Hyperdisk.  At first glance,
Hyperdisk seems like a very good program, but I have one question.
It says in the documentation not to use Hyperdisk with any dos extension
or enhancement programs.  I was wondering if anyone has tried using this
program with 4dos.  I does not specifically mention 4dos in the manual, but
I would definitly classify 4dos as a dos enhancement program.  I have
tried using this setup a couple of times, have not noticed any obvious
problems, but I would like to be sure before I start using this setup as
my main system configuration.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. John

jayh@ms.uky.edu (Jay Hofacker) (04/08/91)

shadowfx@netcom.COM (John Harris) writes:

>Hi, I reciently got a cache program called Hyperdisk.  At first glance,
>Hyperdisk seems like a very good program, but I have one question.
>It says in the documentation not to use Hyperdisk with any dos extension
>or enhancement programs.  I was wondering if anyone has tried using this
>program with 4dos.  I does not specifically mention 4dos in the manual, but
>I would definitly classify 4dos as a dos enhancement program.  I have
>tried using this setup a couple of times, have not noticed any obvious
>problems, but I would like to be sure before I start using this setup as
>my main system configuration.  Any input would be appreciated.

I've been using 4DOS 3.02 and Hyperdisk 4.20 (and previous versions) for
several months on my BBS computer without any problems.  Hyperdisk is a
superb disk caching program.  I especially like the 'delayed write' feature,
which speeds up disk intensive programs.
--
Jay Hofacker, sysop of the Audio/Visual Exchange, (606)254-1751 3/12/24 MNP 5
Mail: jayh@ms.uky.edu / uk02779@ukpr.uky.edu -- Yes, my signature is only 2 lin