[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Looking for a disk caching program for MS-DOS 3.x

tsai@Veritas.COM (Cary Tsai) (04/06/91)

A friend of mine is looking for a public doamin disk caching program so
he can use it and study it. I personally use MS-DOS 3.3, so I would like
to have a disk caching utility too. We would prefer to have a caching program
capable of using extended memeory and/or expanded memory.

Three days ago, I saw somebody posted a disk caching program namely qc42.
Unfortunely, I could not find any qc42 in my system. Could any one know
where I can get it ?  Any help would be appreciated.

dandrews@bilver.uucp (Dave Andrews) (04/08/91)

In article <1991Apr05.222917.11290@Veritas.COM> tsai@Veritas.COM (Cary Tsai) writes:
>A friend of mine is looking for a public doamin disk caching program so
>  [ text deleted ]
>Three days ago, I saw somebody posted a disk caching program namely qc42.
>Unfortunely, I could not find any qc42 in my system. Could any one know
>where I can get it ?  Any help would be appreciated.

QuickCache 4.2 is NOT public domain, but is a shareware product of:
  P.R. Glassel and Associates Inc.
  30255 Fir Trail
  Stacy MN  55079
  612-462-1337

The price is VERY reasonable and the program is good.  Recommended.

- David Andrews      tarpit!bilver!dandrews