[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] help needed in uncompress for ms-dos XT

ksiew@ecr.mu.oz.au (Kok-Hsien SIEW) (04/12/91)

I just tried COMP430S.ZIP from simtel20 but I can't ues it as I
don't have a Mircosoft C compiler and I am not good in C.

Is it possible for me to get a working uncompress program for
ms-dos XT machine which is precompiled ie executable file like
"uncompress.exe" so that I can just use it with any fuss on my XT
the way I use uncompress on my Sun in Uni.

ps. I have access to FTP.

Thanks in advance.

				S t e v e n   S i e w . . . . . . .

c60b-1eq@web-1g.berkeley.edu (Noam Mendelson) (04/12/91)

In article <7325@munnari.oz.au> ksiew@ecr.mu.oz.au (Kok-Hsien SIEW) writes:
>I just tried COMP430S.ZIP from simtel20 but I can't ues it as I
>don't have a Mircosoft C compiler and I am not good in C.
>Is it possible for me to get a working uncompress program for
>ms-dos XT machine which is precompiled ie executable file like
>"uncompress.exe" so that I can just use it with any fuss on my XT
>the way I use uncompress on my Sun in Uni.

If you want the executable, get COMP430D.ZIP.  COMP430S.ZIP should contain
the source code only.

--
+==========================================================================+
| Noam Mendelson   ..!agate!ucbvax!web!c60b-1eq | "I haven't lost my mind, |

w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (04/13/91)

kseiw@ecr.mu.oz.au (Kok-Hsien SIEW) writes:
>I just tried COMP430S.ZIP from simtel20 but I can't ues it as I
>don't have a Mircosoft C compiler and I am not good in C.
>
>Is it possible for me to get a working uncompress program for
>ms-dos XT machine which is precompiled ie executable file like
>"uncompress.exe" so that I can just use it with any fuss on my XT
>the way I use uncompress on my Sun in Uni.

Did you download and look at COMP430D.ZIP from the same directory
where you found COMP430S.ZIP ?  They are the same program.  COMP430D
contains the executables compiled from COMP430S.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]