[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Adlib Programming

kdorff@nmsu.edu (Kevin C. Dorff) (04/14/91)

Does anyone have routines for programming the adlib so that the driver
sound.com is unnecessary?  I want to program the adlib directly.
Routines for Turbo C, Turbo Pascal, or Assembly (Turbo or Microsoft)
would be the best, but I could probably adapt.

Also, I would like routines for playing digitized sound through the
AdLib.  A company called ReadySoft created a demo for "Space Ace" in
which they play digitized sound through the AdLib (the demo also plays
through the SoundBlaster and the Tandy 1000 chip, I assmume they use
the same "sound code" for all 3 and just use a different driver).  I
would be interesting is seeing such a program that would play
digitized stuff w/the adlib,  and a generic driver to play .voc stuff
would be neat also -- If I had code to directly program the adlib this
might be possible (I could possibly write 'em), but I don't want to
reinvent the wheel.

PS: For those who would recommend it:  I have the MSC Adlib
programmers reference, it is JUNK!

ALSO:  I have the Turbo Pascal routines that use the Sound.Com file, I
can post em here, but they are not that worthwhile.  I can post 'em if
anyone wants me to.  It creats a unit.
--

            Kevin Dorff
            kdorff@nmsu.edu

coop4y44@bwdla28.bnr.ca (Takis Skagos) (04/16/91)

In article <KDORFF.91Apr14085648@dante.nmsu.edu>, kdorff@nmsu.edu (Kevin C. Dorff) writes:

> ALSO:  I have the Turbo Pascal routines that use the Sound.Com file, I
> can post em here, but they are not that worthwhile.  I can post 'em if
> anyone wants me to.  It creats a unit.

  Hi.  I would truly appreciate those sources if you could post them.

						Taki

BNR Ottawa           Disclaimer:  "I swear, they made me do it!"
P. Takis Skagos