[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] The posted start kit won't work

hongde@ms.uky.edu (Hongde Luo) (04/16/91)

   I tried to compile the UUDECODE.BAS program from the start kit posted on
comp.binaries.ibm.pc and I get nothing out of it while I am supposed to get
a file called "UUDECODE.COM". Does any body else have this difficulty? Thanks
for any help, I need the BASIC version.

                     Hongde

--
************************>>>>    Hongde Luo     <<<<*************************
*  Center for Computational Science | 1320 Nancy Hanks Rd. #5              *

sguerke@brahms.udel.edu (Stephen Guerke) (04/16/91)

In article <1991Apr15.221243.23295@ms.uky.edu> hongde@ms.uky.edu (Hongde Luo) writes:

>   I tried to compile the UUDECODE.BAS program from the start kit posted on
>comp.binaries.ibm.pc and I get nothing out of it while I am supposed to get
>a file called "UUDECODE.COM". Does any body else have this difficulty? Thanks
>for any help, I need the BASIC version.
>
>                     Hongde
>
>--
>************************>>>>    Hongde Luo     <<<<*************************
>*  Center for Computational Science | 1320 Nancy Hanks Rd. #5              *
>*  University of Kentucky           | Lexington, KY 40504-1243             *
>*  Lexington, KY 40506              | (606)-254-2331 (h) | 257-8741 (work) *

Don't compile the program, you run the program. Be sure either IBM
BASIC or GWBASIC is in your PATH and then type gwbasic uudecode.bas,
this will create the program uudecode.com.  (the debug version also
works very well, and DEBUG is available on any DOS machine).

Steve

   Stephen Guerke, Coord. Computer Resources  sguerke@brahms.udel.edu
   University of Delaware Parallel Program    stephen.guerke@mvs.udel.edu
   Georgetown, DE 19947                       ILV20078@UDELVM.UDEL.EDU