[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] WANTED: nroff program for PCs

smithh@bcsaic.UUCP (Lonnie Smith) (04/16/91)

Does anyone know the whereabouts of a public domain program
which formats nroff files on an IBM PC?

Thanks in advance . . . Lonnie Smith
                        Boeing Computer Services

abe@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Vic Abell) (04/16/91)

In article <45200@bcsaic.UUCP>, smithh@bcsaic.UUCP (Lonnie Smith) writes:
> Does anyone know the whereabouts of a public domain program
> which formats nroff files on an IBM PC?

Check out cawf, my C version of Henry Spencer's Amazingly Workable (text)
Formatter, awf.  Cawf and awf do a reasonable job on manual pages and
light-weight ms(7) documents.

You'll find a PC executable and source at Simtel and various mirror sites.
I know it's in mirrors/msdos/txtutl/cawf.zip at wuarchive.wustl.edu.

tim@netcom.COM (Tim Richardson) (04/19/91)

=
=Thanks in advance . . . Lonnie Smith
=                        Boeing Computer Services

Look in SIMTEL for "nrof11.zip", or "nrof11.arc".
--
Tim Richardson
techNET