Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d
Subject: Re: Stargoose docs (Re: problem with stargoose sg.zoo)
From: mjlst3@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Mikes Magik Shoppe)

The following is the stargoose documentation as read in by
pfs professional write and saved out as a text file.
______ cut over there _____
StarGoose Documentation

Copyright 1988 S. Can and G. Everett

The Game
Stargoose is a bit like Zaxxon but is better...

Object of the game is to destroy the mother base... The final
Frontier...  You have 4 ships in your squadron.. Your
level will advance by collecting pods... The pods will appear
like colored circles on the playing field and as you collect
the pods the pod indicators to the left of the FUEL, SHIELDS,
AND AMMUNITION will change from the color indicated to a deep
blue.  When all six have changed color you will advance to
the next level... The first thing you want to do is set your
controls..  You may select left, right, fire thrust, brakes,
left missile and right missile.. You may replenish your
missiles by going through the center of the missile center...
Every time you advance a level you can lose all of your ships
and if you stay and play another round you can stay at the
advanced level and do not have to start from scratch....
Enough tips..... I have left you a few sunrises...  Hope you
enjoy...  Watch for future releases on a board near you....

Type "GOOSE" to run the game...
Press the F1 key to set your own Keyboard Control
Sorry that this game requires 256K and EGA Controller
You may upload this Game to any bulletin board but it is not
shareware....

This is Freeware...
This means that this program is free to everyone... It is
copyrighted only to prevent duplication in a Commercial
package....

The program is written in C and took over 7600 lines of
code and over 7 months to write..

Copying this game....
Stargoose may be uploaded to bulletin boards with the
stipulation that the following files remain intact..

Goose.doc    The document you are reading
Goose.exe    The program
Bird1.x
podz1.x
intro.x
newbird.x
blox.x
bird2.x
hiscores

Have Fun and may the force be with you.....
--
All email, no cute messages to mankind :       mjl@vms.cis.pitt.edu
                                               mjl@pittvms.bitnet

F1       : Key Configulation
F2       : Sound On/Off
F3       : Pause
F4       : Continue after Pause
Q        : Quit
N(once)  : load left rocket
N(twice) : fire left rocket
M(once)  : load right rocket
M(twice) : fire right rocket
I think there's a way to skip to the next levels.  If you play level 1 and
get to level 2, but you lose all your lives in level 2, you can start
again in level 2.  Instead of pressing the spacebar to start a game, just
wait for the game to start by itself.  You'll  find yourself at level 2.
--
Have fun,

Kinney
baughmankr@conrad.appstate.edu