[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Bandwidth/Compatibilty ==> .LZH format.

yogi@cs.ubc.ca (Joseph Gil) (04/23/91)

The title says it all. If we want to save time,space and not
sacrifice compatability on other machines, we should turn to
the LZH format (as soon as the C sources are out). I hate
the oooooo..... output, but, I hate more to wait for dld.

c60b-1eq@web-1c.berkeley.edu (Noam Mendelson) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr22.220214.19570@cs.ubc.ca> yogi@cs.ubc.ca (Joseph Gil) writes:
>The title says it all. If we want to save time,space and not
>sacrifice compatability on other machines, we should turn to
>the LZH format (as soon as the C sources are out). I hate
>the oooooo..... output, but, I hate more to wait for dld.

If you're talking about LHARC, the C sources have been out for a long
time.  If you're talking about LHa, you won't be seeing many C sources
out since it is partly written in 8086 assembly language, making a UNIX
port extremely difficult.

--
| Noam Mendelson   ..!ucbvax!web!c60b-1eq       | "I haven't lost my mind, |