[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] C compiler for 386 or 486

mjnkowcz@unix1.tcd.ie (Maciej Jankowicz) (04/23/91)

	The PC's using 386 or 486 CPU are present for some time, but
I don't know about any C compilers which are able to generate code
suitable for them to get the best of the machine. For example Turbo
C can toggle only between 86/88 and 186/286 instruction sets.

	I would appreciate very much any references of such products.

	Thank you very much in advance.

	Maciej Jankowicz
	mjnkowcz@unix1.tcd.ie

dj@ctron.com (DJ Delorie) (04/24/91)

In article <mjnkowcz.672352737@unix1.tcd.ie>, mjnkowcz@unix1.tcd.ie (Maciej Jankowicz) writes:
> 	The PC's using 386 or 486 CPU are present for some time, but
> I don't know about any C compilers which are able to generate code
> suitable for them to get the best of the machine. For example Turbo
> C can toggle only between 86/88 and 186/286 instruction sets.

grape.ecs.clarkson.edu  Anonymous FTP  ~ftp/pub/msdos/djgcc

Stored there is djgpp, my 386/DOS port of the GCC & G++
compiler, along with sources, documentation, and the required
extender.  It is stored two ways:

djgpp.zip  2.2M  Everything
djgppzip.000 through djgppzip.063  32K chunks - upload the merge
  program there to put them together

The "readme" file is stored separately there also.  Upload it
first and read it before uploading the rest.

I am working on making it available from other sites and via other
means, and will announce as they are available.

DJ
dj@ctron.com