[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] OBERON language compiler request.

mauler@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (04/26/91)

I was just reading the March issue of BYTE, and I saw the article on the new
Nicklaus Wirth language  OBERON.

It is a new exercise in OOPS programming, with all of the best features of
Pascal and Modula-2.

According to the article, the Oberon language is in the public domain, and can
be obtained through BIX and BYTEnet.  I already have a public-domain version
for the Macintosh.  Would someone with access to BIX or BYTEnet please get the
PC version of Oberon, and post it to comp.binaries.ibm or mail it direct to me?
I don't think I can get to either service, and the directions on how to get a
disk through the mail are rather cryptic.

Thanks in advance.

Leo Mauler
mauler@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
2fmndiffer@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (04/26/91)

mauler@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>I was just reading the March issue of BYTE, and I saw the article on the new
>Nicklaus Wirth language  OBERON.

OBERON is available via anonymous ftp from WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL [26.2.0.74]

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.PGMUTL>
 Filename   Type Length   Date    Description
OBERONM.ZIP   B  138496  910315  Oberon-M(tm) compiler, lib mods, docs (v1.0)

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]