[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] OBRONM11.ZIP - Oberon-M compiler v1.1, w/sources and docs

erv@EVEREST.TANDEM.COM (E. Videki) (04/30/91)

I have uploaded new version of my Oberon-M package to SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.pgmutl>
OBRONM11.ZIP    Oberon-M compiler v1.1, w/sources and docs

Oberon is the 2nd generation programming language past Pascal (and is
the next step past Modula-2).  It cleans up most of the difficulties
of Modula, while giving a clean, simple way to do just about anything
in a type-safe way.  The definition comes from Niklaus Wirth, at ETH
in Zurich (who of course defined its predecessors).

My MSDOS compiler has been in use for 18 months, and has seen no bugs
for over a year.  It contains the language revisions made by Professor
Wirth.  Note that this compiler (and its associated library modules)
are exclusively for MSDOS: standard object files are generated and
theoretically may be linked with other non-Oberon files.

Programs written using this package are source compatible with the
so-called Oberon System used at ETH Zurich.

-- Regards,
      Ed Videki
      erv@everest.tandem.com

gnat@kauri.vuw.ac.nz (Nathan Torkington) (04/30/91)

I have gotten this.  It is in pub/ms-dos/Upload (which is now readable by you).
Nothing else in pub/ms-dos/Upload is trustworthy, though, so treat anything
you find there with disdain and reserve.
  For those of you just returning to planet Earth, I feel obligated to point
out that I administrate the MS-DOS archives on kauri.vuw.ac.nz [130.195.3.11]
and you should mail me with queries/complaints (gnat@kauri.vuw.ac.nz).
  We don't have anything which isn't available from mainland US, so if you
aren't in New Zealand don't gobble our link.

  Oh yeah - I'm talking about the OBERONM11.ZIP file.  The original post
follows:
-----cut-here-----

Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d
From: erv@EVEREST.TANDEM.COM (E. Videki)
Date: 29 Apr 91 23:13:38 GMT
Sender: daemon@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU

[...]

----cut-here----

Nat.
--
Nathan Torkington                           Contracting to CSC,
Internet: gnat@kauri.vuw.ac.nz              Victoria University Of Wellington,

BLITTERLEES (pl. n.)  The little slivers of bamboo picked off a cane chair by
a nervous guest which litter the carpet beneath and tell the chair's owner
that the whole piece of furniture is about to uncoil terribly and slowly until
it resembles a giant pencil sharpening.
                 - "The Meaning Of Liff" by Douglas Adams and John Lloyd