[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] spellcheckers

v136t454@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu (Yat-Saint Chiang) (04/27/91)

Hi, a friend of mine is going to write a spellchecker, and he wants
me to find him the source to any spellchecker so he'll how to write it

Soooo, would somebody PLEASE email me the source (any language) to
ANY spellchecker? (I already promised him, too late to backout now)

thanks
the email address is: v136t454@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
|   oo                                                                       |
| -----    /     \                                 /                   \  N  |
|  \      /   1   \     |     /|            lim   /   /|     |      1   \    |
|   \     |       |     |      |   ------         |    |     |          |    |
|   /     | ----- |  ---+---   |                  |    |  ---+--- ----- |    |
|  /      |       |     |      |   ------         |    |     |          |    |
| -----   \  N !  /     |     ---          N->oo  \   ---    |      N   /    |
|  N=1     \     /                                 \                   /     |

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (04/30/91)

In article <73407@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v136t454@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>Hi, a friend of mine is going to write a spellchecker, and he wants
>me to find him the source to any spellchecker so he'll how to write it
:

I can assure from experience that it is not an easy task.  In fact
there are so many problems to consider, that a source probably
wouldn't be sufficient to solve the task if one starts from scratch.
Why not use the existing spell checkers, or is it simply a learning
expedition (which always is a good cause, but this is a tough one).

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37