[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Turbo Object Toolkit for C?

) (04/26/91)

Mark O. Chadwick asked for a Turbo-C version of the Turbo Object Toolkit.
I don't know of any such thing; I think 'TechnoJock' is a hard-core
TurboPascal programmer, so he's not likely to cross-compile it to C,
which would be a non-trivial effort anyhow. (But go ahead, ask himself, he's
got a CompuServe account: 74017,227.) - Then again, there are a few menu
packages for the C programmer available from Simtel; I haven't used them,
but after all, I don't speak C, either (yet...).

\Gisbert     <s00100@dbnrhrz1.bitnet>
WIdO, Bonn, Germany

v056ped5@ubvmsc.cc.buffalo.edu (Brian M McNamara) (04/30/91)

In article <W8SDZ.12680442748.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>, S00100@DBNRHRZ1.BITNET ("Gisbert W.Selke, WIdO ", zeroes, not ohs!) writes...
>Mark O. Chadwick asked for a Turbo-C version of the Turbo Object Toolkit.
>I don't know of any such thing; I think 'TechnoJock' is a hard-core
>TurboPascal programmer, so he's not likely to cross-compile it to C,

A friend just DL'ed TechnoJock and I found that it bore a close similarity
to a library called TesSeRact or something like that for use with several
C compilers working on PC's. At WSMR, it can be found under the name
TCXL51.ZIP or something similar to that. It actually has more functions than
what I saw in TechnoJock.

Brian

morgan@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Dylan Kaufman) (05/02/91)

   From: S00100@DBNRHRZ1.BITNET ("Gisbert W.Selke, WIdO ", zeroes, not ohs!)
   Date: 26 Apr 91 02:03:57 GMT

   Mark O. Chadwick asked for a Turbo-C version of the Turbo Object Toolkit.
   I don't know of any such thing; I think 'TechnoJock' is a hard-core
   TurboPascal programmer, so he's not likely to cross-compile it to C,
   which would be a non-trivial effort anyhow. (But go ahead, ask himself, he's
   got a CompuServe account: 74017,227.) - Then again, there are a few menu
   packages for the C programmer available from Simtel; I haven't used them,
   but after all, I don't speak C, either (yet...).

It isn't just a single person either, it's a whole bunch of them
now...  I am fairly certain (they told me once) that there will be a C
version (TURBO C++, only, actually).  I just sent them mail yesterday
asking for more information...  I'll let you know what I hear...
--
-<>Dylan<>-                     MA EMT-M, CA EMT-1A, BEMCo 107
Dylan Kaufman 			Major in Computer Science