[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] TIMEP37E.ZIP - Park hard disk

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (05/04/91)

david@wubios.wustl.edu (David J. Camp) writes:
> Keith, I am trying to reach Sanford J. Zelkovitz, the author of
> pd1:<msdos.dskutl>timeprk4.arc on simtel20.  This is by my estimation
> the best hard disk parker on the market.  I need to contact the author
> to report a bug.  The BBS number given below results in Ma Bell saying
> the number is no longer in service.  The number near the beginning of
> the document just rings interminably.  If you can help me to contact
> Sanford, or tell me who uploaded the file, I would appreciate it.
>
> The bug causes the machine to lock up if the hard disk is parked while
> a diskette is being formatted.  I have worked around it by specifying
> the maximum timeout, but I would rather park after 1 minute of disuse.

The person presently supporting that program is Tom Cobb of Athens, GA.
I called Mr. Cobb and passed on your bug report.  He said that had been
fixed in a later version so he sent me the latest via modem file
transfer.

It's now available from SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.dskutl>
TIMEP37E.ZIP    Park hard disk(s) after specified time

As before, MASM source code is included.  The program is now a device
driver instead of a TSR.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC and CP/M archives  -  [192.88.110.20]