[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] a suggestion: id-ing hardware req's

gallo@cs.albany.edu (Andrew Gallo) (05/08/91)

	A suggestion: identify a program with its minimum hardware
requirements.  For example, I just finished cat-ing, uu-ing, and
downloading the oscilloscope program only to find that it did not run
on my machine because I don't have a VGA card.  If the program's posting
had clearly tagged the hardware requirements I would have saved a fair
amount of time.
	This is not a flame, only a suggestion.  Thanks for listening.

ldstern@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Larry Stern) (05/08/91)

In article <817@hartmanis.albany.edu> gallo@cs.albany.edu (Andrew Gallo) writes:

>	A suggestion: identify a program with its minimum hardware
>requirements.  For example, I just finished cat-ing, uu-ing, and
>downloading the oscilloscope program only to find that it did not run
>on my machine because I don't have a VGA card.  If the program's posting
>had clearly tagged the hardware requirements I would have saved a fair
>amount of time.
>	This is not a flame, only a suggestion.  Thanks for listening.

>> Andy Gallo            | State University of | "If six, turned out to be     <
>> gallo@cs.albany.edu   | New York at Albany  |  nine, I don't mind..."  8-)  <

That's odd- I downloaded that program and it runs perfectly on my Compuadd 286,
EGA only...

--

Larry Stern                                  LDSTERN@RODAN.ACS.SYR.EDU