[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Need screen blanker

luwsm@vax1.cc.lehigh.edu (05/10/91)

Looking for On demand screen blanker, i.e. via keyboard, not just by time
delay.  I know only of IM - Inner Mission.  Other suggestions?
Thanks

jamison@hobbes.Corp.Sun.COM (& Gray) (05/11/91)

> luwsm@vax1.cc.lehigh.edu writes:
> Looking for On demand screen blanker, i.e. via keyboard, not just by time
> delay.  I know only of IM - Inner Mission.  Other suggestions?
> Thanks

The "fireworks" screen saver available on cica.cica.indiana.edu
can be invoked on demand from the keyboard, as well as after a
(settable) period of idleness.  It's available in the pc/win3/util
subdirectory, in the file fire54.zip.

					-- Jamie Gray
--
Jamison Gray, jamison@Eng.Sun.COM "Football is a mistake.  It combines
Sun Microsystems, M.S. 21-04      the two worst elements of American Life:

ab2r@quads.uchicago.edu (Marshall Abrams) (05/11/91)

> luwsm@vax1.cc.lehigh.edu writes:
> Looking for On demand screen blanker, i.e. via keyboard, not just by time
> delay.  I know only of IM - Inner Mission.  Other suggestions?

VGAMoire will do this.  I got it at msdos.archive.umich.edu .
I like VGAMoire a lot.  But what I would really like is a similar
program that would restore my 40-line mode (VGA) screen properly.
VGAMoire handles 50-line mode perfectly, but it restores 40-line mode
with characters from another mode.  This means that the bottoms of all
the characters are cut off.  Anyone know of a program that will
restore 40-line characters properly?

		Marshall Abrams
		ab2r@midway.uchicago.edu

tim@netcom.COM (Tim Richardson) (05/13/91)

In article <1991May9.151154.256@vax1.cc.lehigh.edu> luwsm@vax1.cc.lehigh.edu writes:
=Looking for On demand screen blanker, i.e. via keyboard, not just by time
=delay.  I know only of IM - Inner Mission.  Other suggestions?
=Thanks

Try HyperKEY from HyperWare... you can find the sharware version in Simtel20
or call their BBS at (615) 864-6871 and download it.
--
Tim Richardson
techNET