[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] uudecode in PC

nugroho@acsu.buffalo.edu (srihanto a nugroho) (05/10/91)

Hi....
Where can I find "uudecode" program that run in PC (preferably the source
code) ?
Any response will be appreciated.

-Anto-
nugroho@acsu.buffalo.edu

phil@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Phil Howard KA9WGN) (05/11/91)

nugroho@acsu.buffalo.edu (srihanto a nugroho) writes:

>Where can I find "uudecode" program that run in PC (preferably the source
>code) ?

FTP: wuarchive.wustl.edu
--
 /***************************************************************************\
/ Phil Howard -- KA9WGN -- phil@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu   |  Guns don't aim guns at  \

valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Doug Dougherty) (05/14/91)

phil@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Phil Howard KA9WGN) writes:

>nugroho@acsu.buffalo.edu (srihanto a nugroho) writes:

>>Where can I find "uudecode" program that run in PC (preferably the source
>>code) ?

>FTP: wuarchive.wustl.edu

Then again, that's the answer to most questions, isn't it?
(Doesn't seem like you should win any prizes for such an obvious answer...)
--

	(Another fine mess brought to you by valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu)

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (05/14/91)

In article <1991May14.024154.6903@midway.uchicago.edu> valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Doug Dougherty) writes:
>phil@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Phil Howard KA9WGN) writes:
>>nugroho@acsu.buffalo.edu (srihanto a nugroho) writes:
>>>Where can I find "uudecode" program that run in PC (preferably the source
>>>code) ?
>
>>FTP: wuarchive.wustl.edu
>
>Then again, that's the answer to most questions, isn't it?
>(Doesn't seem like you should win any prizes for such an obvious answer...)

Yes, it is the obvious answer to most of such questions, and giving
it is a more or less subtle hint to first try to find this kind of
an answer from the well-known sources.  We like to try to help, but
repetitive basic questions are not very conductive.  Note that there
is no ill-feeling in this statement.  On the contrary.  It is just a
fact of life in comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d.  But don't let this deter
from asking, there is nothing wrong with that, but also be prepared
to understand answers like the one above.

In the case of garbo.uwasa.fi archives please see /pc/decode
directory for uudecoders.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

wew@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Bill Wilson) (05/15/91)

From article <1991May14.101025.4703@uwasa.fi>, by ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi):
> In article <1991May14.024154.6903@midway.uchicago.edu> valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Doug Dougherty) writes:
>>Then again, that's the answer to most questions, isn't it?
>>(Doesn't seem like you should win any prizes for such an obvious answer...)
>
> Yes, it is the obvious answer to most of such questions, and giving
> it is a more or less subtle hint to first try to find this kind of
> an answer from the well-known sources.  We like to try to help, but
> repetitive basic questions are not very conductive.
>.

One thing I think you should remember is that new people come on to the
network every day.  They will not know what the "obvious" answers or
questions are.  If they new, they would not ask.  Only the "old timers"
will have a feel for the questions that come up repeatedly.  On the
C list I see a resurgence of the same types of questions for Turbo C
(especially the floating point not linked error message).  That does
not mean that the person asking the question has necessarily seen
that question on the net before.  Especially if they are new to the
net.  Please be patient with these people.  Being "stuffy" only brings
on animosity.  Let's help and not hinder people in their search for
knowledge.  If you want to be snotty, send the mail directly to them
and not the net.

--
Let sleeping dragons lie........                    | The RoleMancer
Bill Wilson (wew@naucse.cse.nau.edu | ucc2wew@nauvm | wilson@nauvax)