[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] UUPC

jfh@rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (The Beach Bum) (10/03/88)

The interim version of UUPC from van-bc is now available for anonymous
UUCP from rpp368.  If you have been having trouble getting connected to
van-bc, you might want to try having trouble getting connected here ;-)

The L.sys entry for this machine is:

rpp386 Any ACU 2400 12142506272 in:--in:--in: anonuucp

Insert "" BREAK before in: if you are dialing at 1200 baud.

From the archive index:

Description				Volume	File(s)			Blocks
uupc - UUCP for PC's, part 1		f006	uupc/uupc.uaa.Z		78
uupc - UUCP for PC's, part 2		f006	uupc/uupc.uab.Z		80
uupc - UUCP for PC's, part 3		f006	uupc/uupc.uac.Z		80
uupc - UUCP for PC's, part 4		f006	uupc/uupc.uad.Z		80
uupc - UUCP for PC's, part 5		f006	uupc/uupc.uae.Z		24

File names are relative to /usr/archive/.

The C-Shell command to copy the files is

% uucp rpp386!/usr/archive/uupc/uupc.u{aa,ab,ac,ad,ae}.Z ~uucp

Bourne shell wildcards don't work.  You are on your own there.

If you have any other questions, please refer to old postings in
comp.sources.wanted for more information regarding connecting to this
system.
--
John F. Haugh II (jfh@rpp386.Dallas.TX.US)                   HASA, "S" Division

      "Why waste negative entropy on comments, when you could use the same
                   entropy to create bugs instead?" -- Steve Elias

beni@tglobe2.tollpost-globe (Beni Ruef) (05/07/91)

We're looking for a cheap/free UUCP implementation running under Messy DOS.
We know about UUPC (well, we heard about it :-) and are wondering

a) about people's experiences with it
   and
b) where to get it EASILY (no, we don't have FTP)

Thanks & Cheers
-Beni

P.S. What happened with fsuucp ?

--
Beni Ruef  Systems Department  Tollpost-Globe AS    N-6301 Aandalsnes/Norway
E-mail: beni@tglobe2.UUCP      FAX: +47 72 22 161   Voice mail: +47 72 21 211

"UNIX is the answer - what was the question ?"

In article <302@tglobe2.tollpost-globe> beni@tglobe2.tollpost-globe (Beni Ruef) writes:

   We're looking for a cheap/free UUCP implementation running under Messy DOS.
   We know about UUPC (well, we heard about it :-) and are wondering

   b) where to get it EASILY (no, we don't have FTP)

Grape.ecs.clarkson.edu is the canonical distribution point.  And, it's callable
by modem: (315)268-6667.  Look in pub/msdos/uupc.

--
--russ <nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu> I'm proud to be a humble Quaker.
It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear -- Freeman Dyson

chris@zeus.calpoly.edu (The Squire, Phish) (05/08/91)

beni@tglobe2.UUCP (Beni Ruef) recently informed us:

>P.S. What happened with fsuucp ?

The mother of all bugs... (Yeah, I hate that phrase, too :-))

Actually, there *is* a bug in the uucico programme that isn't getting
as much time as it should lately because of school (which is why
fsuucp is shareware and not commercial. i can't devote the time to
it and the support to it that i'd like to). I'm pretty confident that
i've fixed it, though, and am just being double-sure before releasing
it.

>"UNIX is the answer - what was the question ?"

What is the airspeed velocity of a coconut... no, wait, that's something
else.
--
++Christopher(The Squire, Phish);                    | Home of the 16K .plan
chris@hypnos.calpoly.edu (129.65.60.35)              | file. Finger at your own

cliff@demon.co.uk (Cliff Stanford) (05/15/91)

In article <302@tglobe2.tollpost-globe> beni@tglobe2.UUCP (Beni Ruef) writes:
>We're looking for a cheap/free UUCP implementation running under Messy DOS.
>We know about UUPC (well, we heard about it :-) and are wondering
>
>a) about people's experiences with it

	Wonderful ... couldn't live without it.

>   and
>b) where to get it EASILY (no, we don't have FTP)

	Send mail to help@kendra.kew.com and ask for the "HOWTOGET.IT" file.
		Regards,
			Cliff.
--