draz@TECHUNIX.TECHNION.AC.IL (David Raz) (05/16/91)

Does someone know of a way to enlarge the environment and handle it's
contents ? Is there an msdos command or do I need a program ?

					David Raz
					draz@ee.technion.ac.il
					draz@techunix   <--- bitnet

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (05/16/91)

In article <draz.674390725@techunix.technion.ac.il> draz@TECHUNIX.TECHNION.AC.IL (David Raz) writes:
>Does someone know of a way to enlarge the environment and handle it's
>contents ? Is there an msdos command or do I need a program ?
:

Some potential sources of information:
  MsDos manual, see config.sys / shell
  /pc/ts/tsbat25.arc has examples of usage
  /pc/envutil directory at garbo.uwasa.fi

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

carlf@agora.rain.com (Carl Fago) (05/17/91)

In article <draz.674390725@techunix.technion.ac.il> draz@TECHUNIX.TECHNION.AC.IL (David Raz) writes:
>Does someone know of a way to enlarge the environment and handle it's
>contents ? Is there an msdos command or do I need a program ?

Right off hand, I don't know of a way to do it in MS-DOS.  However, if you
use 4DOS, it is possible to increase the environment size without any
real difficulty.

I really recommend 4DOS (which can be found at SIMTEL20).

--
| *-=Carl=-*  INTERNET - carlf@agora.rain.com | Courage is the compement of  |

kpleas@milton.u.washington.edu (Keith Pleas) (05/18/91)

In later versions of DOS (3.X and above), add a line to your CONFIG.SYS:
  SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /P /E:384
This example assumes COMMAND.COM is in your root, and that you want 384
bytes of environment space (default is 160).