[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] djgcc question

goldstein@arecibo.aero.org (Fogbound Child) (05/14/91)

-Message-Text-Follows-

Hi. I've been having problems getting the MSDOS gcc compiler to work
correctly. I think that I followed the instructions completely; could
someone please point out my mistake?

When I attempt to compile, I get the message "xxxxx.h file not found." where
xxxxx.h is any include file.

I have gccinc set to the correct directory in my autoexec.bat, and the
include directory is also in the path. I've tried it with slashes in both
directions, ie DOS and UNIX protocols. I've also tried explicitly stating
the path in the #include statements.

One thing that I noticed is that DOS upper-cases the "gccinc" from my
autoexec. If this is the problem, how do I suppress it?

Sorry if these are braindead questions. I appreciate your time.
Thanks,
___Samuel___
_________I_claim_and_accept_sole_responsibility_for_the_above._SjG.____________
<goldstein@aerospace.aero.org| "Real Mode is required primarily to setup the
  There's no need to cure a  |  processor for Protected Mode operation."
   C8-H10-N4-O2 addiction.   |	80386 Hardware Ref. Man., p. 4-174, Intel.

herrickd@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (05/22/91)

In article <1991May13.204104.6769@aero.org>, goldstein@arecibo.aero.org (Fogbound Child) writes:
> -Message-Text-Follows-
>

> Hi. I've been having problems getting the MSDOS gcc compiler to work
> correctly. I think that I followed the instructions completely; could
> someone please point out my mistake?
>
> When I attempt to compile, I get the message "xxxxx.h file not found." where
> xxxxx.h is any include file.

One way to take care of this problem is to include the switch
     -I/gcc/inc
on the command line to tell it to look for .h files in directory
\gcc\inc

I currently have three -I switches on the gcc command in my dmake file.
The I has to be upper case.

Continuing the theme of trying to learn to use gcc on DOS:

Where can I find the documents for the gnu c and c++ compilers.
If someone who knows and knows how to use FTP would tell me system
name and directory and filename, I should be able to persuade BITFTP
to send me a copy.

It is a little frustrating to have the installation instructions and
none of the use instructions.

dan herrick
herrickd@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com

PS.  I am profoundly grateful to dj for doing the port and sharing
it with us.