[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Viewing AMIGA images on IBM system??? <

thompse@kepler.me.orst.edu (Eric Thompson) (05/21/91)

I have gotten a large library of AMIGA graphic pictures and
animation, but no longer have an AMIGA system.  Are there any
programs to view these files (pic, sham, dynamic ham, movie...)
that run under msdos? Programs to convert to GIF,TIF, etc.?

The only thing I've come up with so far is HAMVGA which did not
work with most of the images I tried.

ANY help (even a little) would be appreciated.

Eric Thompson
thompse@kepler.me.orst.edu          <I refuse to sign in ASCII>

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) (05/21/91)

In article <1991May21.003955.13526@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU> thompse@kepler.me.orst.edu (Eric Thompson) writes:

>I have gotten a large library of AMIGA graphic pictures and
>animation, but no longer have an AMIGA system.  Are there any
>programs to view these files (pic, sham, dynamic ham, movie...)
>that run under msdos? Programs to convert to GIF,TIF, etc.?
>
>The only thing I've come up with so far is HAMVGA which did not
>work with most of the images I tried.

There is a PD program called PCVIEW that views IFF's like what Deluxe Paint III
can show.  I have used this for my IFF's and HAMVGA for my ham pics without a
problem - except if a ham is bigger, not all of it can be seen on a VGA screen.

Also I have heard that a PC program that you would have to pay $ for is called,
"Hijack" or simular.  I believe this program will convert alot of Amiga stuff to
view on a PC.

You might try a PD screen capture program when you use PCVIEW or HAMVGA...

--
 guy@nsco.network.com                                     //
 Guy Dandrea                                          \\ //

floyd@micor.ocunix.on.ca (Etienne Tasse) (05/22/91)

In article <1991May21.123240.19616@ns.network.com> guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) writes:
>In article <1991May21.003955.13526@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU> thompse@kepler.me.orst.edu (Eric Thompson) writes:
>>
>>I have gotten a large library of AMIGA graphic pictures and
>>animation, but no longer have an AMIGA system.  Are there any
>>programs to view these files (pic, sham, dynamic ham, movie...)
>>that run under msdos? Programs to convert to GIF,TIF, etc.?
>>
>>The only thing I've come up with so far is HAMVGA which did not
>>work with most of the images I tried.
>>

>There is a PD program called PCVIEW that views IFF's like what Deluxe Paint III
>can show.  I have used this for my IFF's and HAMVGA for my ham pics without a
>problem - except if a ham is bigger, not all of it can be seen on a VGA screen.
>
>Also I have heard that a PC program that you would have to pay $ for is called,
>"Hijack" or simular.  I believe this program will convert alot of Amiga stuff to
>view on a PC.
>
>You might try a PD screen capture program when you use PCVIEW or HAMVGA...
>
>>ANY help (even a little) would be appreciated.
>>
>>Eric Thompson
>>thompse@kepler.me.orst.edu          <I refuse to sign in ASCII>

Some programs I use:

HIJAAK
GRAPHIC WORKSHOP

Both convert from/to   IFF GIF WPG TIF TGA EPS BMP and more.

(Look in SIMTEL for FTP.)

--
  /-------------------/--------------------------/----------------------/
 /  Etienne TassEh?  / Floyd@MiCor.OCUnix.ON.CA / "It's been surreal!" /

scotts@kharma (05/22/91)

thompse@kepler.me.orst.edu (Eric Thompson) writes:

> I have gotten a large library of AMIGA graphic pictures and
> animation, but no longer have an AMIGA system.  Are there any
> programs to view these files (pic, sham, dynamic ham, movie...)
> that run under msdos? Programs to convert to GIF,TIF, etc.?
>
> The only thing I've come up with so far is HAMVGA which did not
> work with most of the images I tried.   <...>
> Eric Thompson
> thompse@kepler.me.orst.edu          <I refuse to sign in ASCII>

Hello Eric -- the one I know of is the lastest version of Graphic
Workshop -- 5.1 I believe it is. It uses the ILBM format on Amiga
IFF's and others, and it works.

Scott