[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] GIF viewer for the PC/AT

rwl@iastate.edu (Eitter Joseph) (05/16/91)

Is there a public domain (free) GIF viewer out there?
If so, where can I download it?

Thanks

Joe Eitter

eyer@azu.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de (Eyer) (05/16/91)

In article <rwl.674328341@pv7405.vincent.iastate.edu> rwl@iastate.edu (Eitter Joseph) writes:
>Is there a public domain (free) GIF viewer out there?

Yes - quite a few. I'd prefere CSHOW : nice to use, lots of drivers.

>If so, where can I download it?

On Simtel20 for instance, in <msdos.gif>. The archive name is CSHOWxxxx.ZIP,
where xxxx is the version (current is 821b I think). Take the b version, not
the a one (more recent perhaps, but with less features).

>Thanks

All pleasure for me - nice viewing !

>Joe Eitter

Manu (Emmanuel EYER)

desimone@cse.uta.edu (David DeSimone) (05/17/91)

In article <10743@ifi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> eyer@azu.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de (Eyer) writes:
>In article <rwl.674328341@pv7405.vincent.iastate.edu> rwl@iastate.edu (Eitter Joseph) writes:
>>Is there a public domain (free) GIF viewer out there?
>
>Yes - quite a few. I'd prefere CSHOW : nice to use, lots of drivers.

CSHOW is not free and it is not public domain.  It is shareware.

--
David DeSimone, aka "Fuzzy Fox" on some networks.          /!/!
INET:    an207@cleveland.freenet.edu                      /  ..

msdos1@funet.fi (Petri Hartoma - Tut) (05/21/91)

In article <1991May17.040055.10730@cse.uta.edu> desimone@cse.uta.edu (David DeSimone) writes:
>   >>Is there a public domain (free) GIF viewer out there?
>   >
>   >Yes - quite a few. I'd prefere CSHOW : nice to use, lots of drivers.

>   CSHOW is not free and it is not public domain.  It is shareware.

If you are after FREE GIF viewer, you should look for GifDesk, which
is available in wuarchive.wustl.edu in /mirrors/msdos/gif/ as
gifdes40.zip.

&& Petri

jmt@mullauna.cs.mu.OZ.AU (James Mark THOMAS) (05/22/91)

rwl@iastate.edu (Eitter Joseph) writes:

>Is there a public domain (free) GIF viewer out there?
>If so, where can I download it?

Yes, its called vpic, and the latest version is 4.0 (I think).  Good, and
available on bbs's.