[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] A one pass Diskette Copy

herpst@kims.kodak.com () (05/23/91)

Could some one post a one pass diskette copy
program to comp.binaries.ibm.pc.  Or post a
note telling me how I can get one. I can only
read no e-mail or FTP access.
Thanks in advance.

Dan Herpst      (716) 461-2360                I've been down so long,
Rochester NY  (716) 726-6806              that it looks like up to me.

hartnegg@sun1.ruf.uni-freiburg.de (Klaus Hartnegg) (05/24/91)

herpst@kims.kodak.com writes:

Why did you restrict it to USA only?
And why did I get it here in Germany?
I am glad that I did!

>Could some one post a one pass diskette copy
>program to comp.binaries.ibm.pc.  Or post a
>note telling me how I can get one. I can only
>read no e-mail or FTP access.

I have a set of two programs that allow doing this and are
looking for beta testers. If you are interested please drop
me a note.

Here comes a list of features taken from the documentation:

- copy disks of any size with inserting source and destination only once.

- create multiple copies of one source disk with inserting the source
  disk only once.

- create exact copies of 360k or 1.2M 5," disks on 720k or 1.4M 3+" disks

- send the (compressed) image of a disk via network, the receiver can
  create an exact copy of the original disk

- store multiple images of smaller disks on one larger disk
  (three or more compressed images of 360k disks fit on a single 1.2MB disk)

The possibility to write images to disks of other size is yet only
possible for known disks sizes. These are 360k, 720k 1.2M, 1.44M. I want
to enlarge this list with your help!

Please tell me which type of computer, floppy and hard disk drives you
have and which version of DOS you are using.

The programs will be sent via Internet as uuencoded ZIPs.
I can also send xxencoded files and binaries via Bitnet.

  Klaus
Klaus Hartnegg, Kleist-Str. 7, D-7835 Teningen, Germany | include standard
Bitnet : hartnegg@dfrruf1 or hartnegg@cernvm            | disclaimer here!
Internet : hartnegg@ibm.ruf.uni-freiburg.de             |