[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Apology

bredmond@dit.ie (05/24/91)

Recently I wrote here:
>I know, I know, I shouldn't waste bandwidth on lost bits.  But I've tried
>every other way I can, with no success.  We don't have ftp access, and access
>to simtel20 (where I believe inter291 is archived) via our local trickle
>server is erratic to put it mildly.

I must apologise & put the record straight.  The problems I was having trying
to use the European trickle service were due to a temporary series of hiccups
in the tenuous chain from us (DIT) to international access.  I should have
checked before assigning fault publicly.  The trickle servers are & were
working as they should.

Thanks to all those who helped or offered to help.  I got the file I needed
and  also information on how to get lost bits in the future.

Barry Redmond				bredmond%dit.ie@cunyvm.cuny.edu
Dept of Electronics & Communications		bredmond@dit.ie
Dublin Institute of Technology
Kevin St,  Dublin 8,  Ireland